Happy Thanksgiving! This morning I am taking a cue from Emma and taking a few minutes to type out 10 things I am thankful for.
1. Emma. Since she inspired me to write this. Really, she inspires me every single day. I know not all siblings get along. I feel extremely lucky to have a sister who is also my business partner and, most importantly, my best friend.
2. Jeremy. Knew I couldn't get very far down the list without talking about this guy. I can't believe I found a husband who likes Downton Abbey and yellow couches and who talked me into getting a dapple dachshund. Jeremy, I love being your wife. I love surprising you with little things and going on dates and sleeping in the same bed. I'm thankful for you.
3. Our home. At this time last year we were dreaming of buying a home but not sure where to start. We didn't know if the large old home that we were dreaming of was realistic, or if our plans would need to change. We were ready, but also really not ready. We were nervous. I am so thankful we tackled it together this year. We're loving this new/old home and doing updates together has been one of our happiest memories so far as a married couple.
4. Nieces + Nephews. I had NO IDEA how happy these little people could make me. No idea. We love them so much. Our two nephews made us realize that we really really want to have a son. Our two older nieces inspired us to make a playroom in our new house. And our brand new baby niece has brought on the most deadly case of baby fever you've ever seen. And don't let Jeremy fool you, he has the fever too.
5. Work. This year has been incredible. I feel super busy but also FINALLY able to take days off without worrying because our team is so amazing. This is huge and I am really thankful for the health of our business and the ways we've grown this year. Each of our new team members, collaborators and employees are so talented and smart! I love working with them each day!
6. Katie. Life has been better since Katie moved to Springfield. It's just really good to have her around. She's one of our besties and we're glad she and her family are close.
7. Mom + Dad. My dad was recently quoted to me saying, " I can't even breathe without these girls blogging about it." It's kinda true. Our dad helps with a lot of blog projects, especially ones around the new house. In the past few weeks he helped us build a beautiful kitchen table and a really cool bed frame for our guest room. What would we do without him? My mom is just as special. She never stops encouraging me to get back into painting. She's taught us how to be creative as children and she never stopped encouraging creativity in our lives. It's beautiful and I hope to be just like her someday. I'm so thankful for my parents.
8. Nice strangers. The world is full of nice people who I've never met. I often get the nicest e-mails that help me through a bad day. Yesterday the car in front of us paid for our starbucks drinks. When my dog was missing so many people in our neighborhood tried to help. Nice people make life better and I am very thankful for all of you.
9. Artists. I am thankful for people who make beautiful things for a living. Music, Films, Paintings, Books... the list goes on. When I find something I can really get lost in, it's the best feeling in the world.
10. My in-laws. I don't wanna sound braggy, but I'm obsessed with my in-laws. They're perfect. No, really. They are. My mother-in-law helped SO much with our new house. We spent weeks painting together and it was really special. My father-in-law gives great advice. We always need his advice about grown up stuff. I love them very much and I'm so thankful to call them family!
If you're still reading I hope that wasn't too mushy. But if it was, I trust you'll forgive it because it's Thanksgiving. ♥