After a year and a half of marriage my phone finally reached "capacity" with too many photos and videos. While sorting through and saving our precious (and mostly random) memories I thought it would be fun to share 50 of our first dates as a married couple. Inspired by this movie, of course. Disclaimer- These are all memories, but they aren't all real dates. Just try to overlook it.
1. Taking photo booth photos together in St. Louis during a fun weekend in between tour dates. 2. Record shopping. 3. We snapped this photo in my grandparent's hometown during a visit to their home. 4. Exploring Austin for a magical week long honeymoon. 5. The diner breakfast tradition begins! 6. Taking our new bikes for a spin! 7. Feeling really in love in Hawaii for our 1 year anniversary. 8. Little Tokyo. 9. Starbies. More times that we can count. 10. Stealing a kiss during a photo shoot at Red Velvet.
11. Playing scrabble. We got this board game for our wedding. It's harder to play scrabble than words with friends because we always fight over whether words are "real" or not. 12. A breakfast date with Jeremy's favorite piano professor from college. She was wonderful. 13. BBQ at Pappy's. 14. Instax before saying goodbye during his spring tour with Canon Blue. 15. A day trip to St. Louis. I always want to go to Whole Foods and Anthropologie just because we don't have them in Springfield. 16. A walk in the park with our matching boots that we got for our first Christmas! 17. Scary lattes with Darren and Stacy. 18. A coffee shop self portrait. We love The Hub! 19. Saving wine corks for every occasion (we were going through a wine phase). 20. Movie night!
21. Plant shopping. One of us loves it and one of us hates it. I bet you can't guess which is which. 22. Walks with Suki back when she was an "only child". 23. Mexican Hot Chocolate at our favorite downtown spot, Aviary. 24. Sushi date. 25. Running as a couple for the first time. 26. Aunt Martha's. 27. Holding hands on a morning car ride. 28. Bonfires at Emma's house in the summertime. 29. Chinese together. 21. More flea market shopping.
31. Drinking from coconuts with Brandon. 32. Relaxing with Josh and Sarah. 33. Mexican and a few accidentally too big margaritas. 34. Jeremy channeling some Twin Peaks vibes. We watched the whole series in our 1st year of marriage and loved it. 35. Iced Coffee + Passion Tea. 36. A sashimi date night. 37. trying something new at home. 38. Giving J pretend tattoos while snuggling at night. 39. Enjoying long nights in the summertime. 40. Guilty pleasure date night.
41. Bowling together with Tom Collins. 42. Making green smoothies for breakfast. 43. Making goals for our second year of marriage. 44. Tropical drinks in Hawaii and lots of celebrating with Trey and Emma. 45. Dolly's first puppucchino. 46. House shopping together. One of the happiest seasons yet! 47. Finding our dream house. 48. Countless "date nights" spent at places like Lowe's and Home Depot as we started renovations! 49. Our first bucket of paint. 50. Keys to a new house and a new chapter in our story.
And there you have it! 50 happy memories from our newlywed season.
filled pancakes (aebleskivers) with cayt + autumn leaves on the longest driving day ever. we went from chicago to st. louis to kansas city to springfield all in one day. it was worth it for the conversations, though.
life is good. that is all.