In the past seven days my little sister got married, we had some of our besties as house guests, we had an overdose of cocktails, mexican food and food in general and now we're getting back into a normal routine. :) Life is good. I'm still catching up on e-mails and blog stuff. Looking forward to starting book shoots again next week when Emma gets home!
1. His + Hers cocktails with my love on the night our app came out. Jeremy was so incredibly supportive throughout the whole process, but on launch day he was especially on his game with flowers and constant texts and updates... it's was fun to flip out a little bit together. 2. My fortune cookie a couple weeks ago. :) 3. Selfie. 4. Had an epic cocktail testing night with Katie. We made up six recipes for emma's bachelorette party... and a whole lotta fails along the way. 5. Target rug... got it on sale for a bargain. 6. Our new favorite space at home is the back porch. Looking forward to a long summer of dinners and drinks out there with the twinkle lights. 7. Paintings + plants. 8. Dolly being dolly. 9. My bridesmaids dress. I was dying laughing at the comments when I posted it on instagram. Emma picked the color... or maybe I picked it because I want to steal the show at my own sister's wedding. Which is more likely? You decide. haha... 10. Penelope Bloom. 11. Painting everything gold for Emma's bachelorette party... I'm totally overdoing it and I don't care. 12. Cracker Barrel with Sarah this weekend. We were in Cincinnati for Mallory's wedding. It was beautiful and a whole lot of fun. The end.
Just photos from lately. 1. Pizza face. This is when your slice of pizza is larger than your face. 2. Dolly likes to ride in daddy's bag sometimes. Yes, "daddy"... judge me all you want. 3. Fresh coconut water is the best treat in the world. Really, truly. 4. Emma + dolly having cuddle times. 5-6. Traveling with my bestie. This is one thing we love about our job. 7. A car snapshot with new sunnies. I love my honey. 8. A random weekend selfie. Hats=springtime. I love springtime. XO!
So my husband really likes Bloody Marys. We started collecting photos of each one during a few days off we had on his tour last spring. We called it "Bloody Mary Diaries". Kinda silly, but still a fun memory I want to keep. Cheers to many more bloody mary dates...♥
After a year and a half of marriage my phone finally reached "capacity" with too many photos and videos. While sorting through and saving our precious (and mostly random) memories I thought it would be fun to share 50 of our first dates as a married couple. Inspired by this movie, of course. Disclaimer- These are all memories, but they aren't all real dates. Just try to overlook it.
1. Taking photo booth photos together in St. Louis during a fun weekend in between tour dates. 2. Record shopping. 3. We snapped this photo in my grandparent's hometown during a visit to their home. 4. Exploring Austin for a magical week long honeymoon. 5. The diner breakfast tradition begins! 6. Taking our new bikes for a spin! 7. Feeling really in love in Hawaii for our 1 year anniversary. 8. Little Tokyo. 9. Starbies. More times that we can count. 10. Stealing a kiss during a photo shoot at Red Velvet.
11. Playing scrabble. We got this board game for our wedding. It's harder to play scrabble than words with friends because we always fight over whether words are "real" or not. 12. A breakfast date with Jeremy's favorite piano professor from college. She was wonderful. 13. BBQ at Pappy's. 14. Instax before saying goodbye during his spring tour with Canon Blue. 15. A day trip to St. Louis. I always want to go to Whole Foods and Anthropologie just because we don't have them in Springfield. 16. A walk in the park with our matching boots that we got for our first Christmas! 17. Scary lattes with Darren and Stacy. 18. A coffee shop self portrait. We love The Hub! 19. Saving wine corks for every occasion (we were going through a wine phase). 20. Movie night!
21. Plant shopping. One of us loves it and one of us hates it. I bet you can't guess which is which. 22. Walks with Suki back when she was an "only child". 23. Mexican Hot Chocolate at our favorite downtown spot, Aviary. 24. Sushi date. 25. Running as a couple for the first time. 26. Aunt Martha's. 27. Holding hands on a morning car ride. 28. Bonfires at Emma's house in the summertime. 29. Chinese together. 21. More flea market shopping.
31. Drinking from coconuts with Brandon. 32. Relaxing with Josh and Sarah. 33. Mexican and a few accidentally too big margaritas. 34. Jeremy channeling some Twin Peaks vibes. We watched the whole series in our 1st year of marriage and loved it. 35. Iced Coffee + Passion Tea. 36. A sashimi date night. 37. trying something new at home. 38. Giving J pretend tattoos while snuggling at night. 39. Enjoying long nights in the summertime. 40. Guilty pleasure date night.
41. Bowling together with Tom Collins. 42. Making green smoothies for breakfast. 43. Making goals for our second year of marriage. 44. Tropical drinks in Hawaii and lots of celebrating with Trey and Emma. 45. Dolly's first puppucchino. 46. House shopping together. One of the happiest seasons yet! 47. Finding our dream house. 48. Countless "date nights" spent at places like Lowe's and Home Depot as we started renovations! 49. Our first bucket of paint. 50. Keys to a new house and a new chapter in our story.
And there you have it! 50 happy memories from our newlywed season.
a biz brunch at aviary this morning + whiskey and ginger nights with the girls.
filled pancakes (aebleskivers) with cayt + autumn leaves on the longest driving day ever. we went from chicago to st. louis to kansas city to springfield all in one day. it was worth it for the conversations, though.
finding a new flea market + starting a new thrifted collection.
seeing some of our besties play in our favorite theater (we got engaged there) + wearing this guy on my finger. i still smile every time it catches my eye.